Spring 2009 Law 131: Founders' Constitution Section 001
Note: All documents are in Adobe's PDF format, and require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print these documents.
The English Constitution
The American Revolution and the New State Governments
- Mayflower Compact
- Jefferson, "Summary View of the Rights of British America"
- Pennsylvania Constitution (1776)
- Virginia Constitution (1776)
- Massachusetts Constitution (1780)
The Articles of Confederation and the Constitutional Convention
The Federal Executive
The Bill of Rights
- Controvery over the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798:
- Madison, Veto Message regarding Bill to Incorporate Episcopal Church (21 February, 1811)
The Founders Interpret the Constitution
- Debate in the First Congress over the Removal of Power (16, 17 June 1789)