The clicker/pointer is a:
- PowerPoint Remote Control (Navigate through PowerPoint presentations from anywhere in the room)
- Laser Pointer (Point at objects from across the room)
- Activate the touch screen console, if you haven't done so already. (Touch the screen. If it prompts you for a PIN, enter the PIN. Call 3-8226 if you don't know the PIN. If it doesn't prompt you for a PIN, the system is already activated.)
- Touch the "PC" or "Laptop" button on the left side of the console, to use the clicker/pointer with a PC or laptop, respectively. The screen at the front of the classroom will automatically lower (if it isn't already down). See also the instructions for using the PC and the instructions for using a laptop.
- Open drawer and remove the clicker/pointer. (Note: It may be in a black fabric "wrapper." If so, remove from the wrapper.)
Note: If you need a key to the drawer, contact Deborah Keene (3-8110, email@example.com) or Carlos Sandoval, (3-8261, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Turn on the clicker/pointer. The switch is on the left side.
- Remove the USB receiver from the back of the clicker pointer.
- Insert the USB receiver in a USB port.
- To use with the PC (the main computer), insert the USB receiver in the USB port on the main console next to the touch screen.
- To use with a laptop, insert the USB receiver in one of the USB ports on the laptop.
- Navigating through PowerPoint slide shows:
To go forward or backward, use the right and left arrow buttons, respectively.
- To blank the projector (temporarily turn it off):
Click on the button with the icon that looks like a black screen.
- To use the laser pointer:
- Click on the red laser button (in between the left and right arrows) to activate the red laser pointer.
- Let go of the button to turn the laser off.
- Turn things off when you're done.
- Remove the USB receiver of the clicker/pointer and insert it in the back of the clicker/pointer .
- Turn off the clicker/pointer.
- To turn off the whole system at the end of a class, click the "End" button on the touchscreen.
- Return clicker/pointer to drawer, and lock the drawer.