The Arlington Campus Copy Center, located in the Law Library, is operated by the University's Print Services Department. All questions about the Copy Center should be directed to the center's staff or to the Supervisor, Lavert Twisdale, 703-993-8141, email@example.com.
- Law School Library - Floors 1 & 2. Both have automatic feed. Use Mason Money Card, Student ID, or Cash. Copiers and Mason Money Station (Teller) will not accept bills with color dye.
- Founder's Hall - One copier outside the book store - GMU Card/Student ID only.
- Founder's Hall Library - Two copiers inside the library, floors 1 & 2, cash and ID or GMU Mason Money Card.
- Four (4) Ricoh Aficio copiers with automatic feed and stapling up to 50 pages.
- All have Energy Save feature. If not used for 2 hours, copiers go into a sleep mode. Take 2 to 5 minutes to recycle.
- All Self Service Copiers have a 3-minute cycle per user. After 3-minutes, the copier will turn off. To restart, re-swipe your card. Be sure to press "DONE" on the key pad when finished. Failure to do so leaves your account exposed for 3 minutes after you finish, and allows anyone to use your account and spend your money.
- Cash: $.10 per copy; $.20 to reduce or enlarge per copy. USE ONLY $1, $2, $5 OR U.S. COINS. DO NOT USE pennies, dollar coin or non-U.S. coins. GMU Mason Money Card: Cost $1.00. All copying with the card is $.10 per copy. Card is not refundable. If you zero out the card (your account), you can add money to it. Card is good at all GMU campuses. Add money at the Mason Money Station (Teller), online at https://services.jsatech.com/?cid=147& available 24/7, or at the Copy Center. Purchases made at the Copy Center can now be paid for using Mason Money.
- GMU Cash Card (Phased out): You can transfer money from your old card to your new card account or GMU I.D. Card account by completing a form at the Copy Center, and surrendering your old card. You will be given a copy of the completed form. The completed form will be sent to the Mason Money Office at the Fairfax Campus so they can complete the transfer of funds from the old card to your new account.
- When you purchase a card, the customer number on the back of the card is your Account Number. Write this number down so you can notify the Mason Money Office if the card is lost. After purchasing a card, you may then add money to your account via the Teller or by going online. The Patron Default Number is your PIN.
- At the copier, you must press "DONE" on the Card Keypad after use. Failing to do so will leave your account open for others to use for three minutes.
- If you find a Keypad that reads "Error -Disabled" or "Cannot find Server" it means the system is down. If this happens, you will receive $1.00 worth of free copies. Your account will not be charged.
- The Copy Center does not make change without a transaction. Due to a small and limited bank, the Copy Center may require exact change or check. To get change, try the bookstore; gas station and 7-Eleven on Wilson Blvd, or Giant on Washington Blvd.
- Bring $1.00 bills or coins for copying if using cash.
- ATM: Due to a change in Banks, the Hazel Hall ATM, B-1 Level, adjacent to the Campus Police Station, has been removed. In September 2012, a new ATM will be located in Founders Hall next to the Information Desk across from Einstein Brothers Bagel store.
MASON MONEY STATION (AKA TELLER)
- New System: Follow the instructions on the Mason Money Station display.
- To create a named account, you must use a credit card. Pickup a flyer titled "All University Card" at the Teller for more information. For the Mason Money site, go to http://masonid.gmu.edu/masonmoney/newnmasonmoneyonline.html.
PROBLEM WITH MASON MONEY: Call 703-993-2870 (Fairfax Campus).
SEEK HELP FROM THE COPY CENTER IF The Mason Money Station (Teller) is not working.
- You need help using the copier, or it's features.
- The copier jams, needs paper, toner, or the glass needs cleaning.
- You receive bad copies. Take the copies to the Copy Center for credit on your Mason Money Account via the Transfer Form, or, allow the Copy Center to complete the job Monday thru Friday.
- You experience any other copier malfunctions. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY REPAIRS ON THE COPIERS OR CHANGE OR ALTER ANY COPIER SETTINGS.
DO YOUR RESEARCH IN THE LIBRARY, not at the copier
- Mark your pages so you can quickly complete your copying. Researching at the copier prevents others from using the copier. Card units are on a 3 minute timer. Copiers are on a 2 hour timer. They shut off if not used or checked.
- Dispose of book markers, paper scraps, etc., in the waste can.
- Dispose of bad copies in the blue Recycle Can.
- PLEASE CLOSE THE COPIER LID AFTER USE. PRESS "DONE" ON THE KEYPAD WHEN FINISHED. FAILURE TO DO SO LEAVES YOUR ACCOUNT EXPOSED TO THE NEXT USER IF LESS THAN 3 MINUTES HAVE LAPSED.
- Physically handicapped customers can take books to the Copy Center for copying at the GMU Mason Money Card rate. Payment can only be made via cash or check. We have no means to deduct or add money with the Mason Money Card.
- University copyright restrictions apply.
- For book copying, you can reduce between 85% and 100% and copy pages from most books on letter size paper, two book pages per copy, side by side. Press "Reduce/Enlarge" 85%, then + or -, or specify ratio by keying in the number, press "Enter" for the setting desired. This will enlarge or reduce print per your choice, and remove or minimize heavily inked borders.
- PLEASE DO NOT BANG OR HIT THE LCD DISPLAY. IT WILL RENDER THE EQUIPMENT UNUSABLE.
Part of Print Services function is to ensure the copiers are available for ALL customers. Your cooperation with posted signs will ensure this equipment will last, run well, and satisfy users. Please do not abuse the equipment, or, those responsible for it.
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, COMPLIMENTS, or COMPLAINTS:
Contact Lavert Twisdale, Print Services Supervisor, Arlington Campus, 703-993-8141, firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by the Copy Center, room 134, Law Library in Hazel Hall.