- Conservation and the Law: A Dictionary, by Debra L. Donahue. REFERENCE KF5505 .A68 D66 1998.
- Dictionary and Introduction to Global Environmental Governance, by Richard E. Saunier and Richard A. Meganck. REFERENCE HC79 .E5 S2675 2007.
- Dictionary of Environmental Legal Terms, edited by C.C. Lee. REFERENCE KF3775 .A68 L44 1997.
- Environmental Law Lexicon, by Nicholas A. Robinson. REFERENCE KF3775 .A68 R67.
- The Environmental Regulatory Dictionary, compiled by James J. King. REFERENCE KF3775 .A68 K57 2005.
- Facts on File Dictionary of Environmental Science, by Bruce Wyman, L. Harold Stevenson. REFERENCE TD9 .W95 2007.
This list reflects a substantial number of the Law Library's current treatises. For additional works held by GMU libraries, search the GMU Library Catalog.
- Environmental Law, by Ronald Rychlak. KF3775 .Z9 R93 2010.
- Environmental Law and Policy: Essentials, by Johathan Nash, KF3775 .N37 2010.
- Environmental Law, Policy, and Economics: Reclaiming the Environmental Agenda, by Ashford and Caldart. KF3775 .A967 2008.
- Environmental Law in a Nutshell, by Farber and Findley. RESERVE KF3775 .Z9 F56 2010.
- Environmental Litigation: Law and Strategy, by Cary Perlman. KF 8925 .E5 E583 2009.
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law, by Eric Pearson. KF3775 .P43 2008.
- Overview of Environmental Laws and Regulations: Navigating the Green Maze, by Joseph J. Bernosky. KF5569 .B47 2011.
- State Environmental Law
- Air, Water, and Wetlands
- Air Pollution Control and Climate Change Mitigation Law, by Arnold Reitze. KF3812 .R448 2010.
- Clean Air Act Handbook, by Martineau and Novello. KF3812 .C554 2004.
- Clean Water Act and the Constitution: Legal Structure and the Public’s Right to a Clean and Healthy Environment, by Robin Craig. KF3790 .C73 2009.
- Clean Water Act Handbook, by Mark A. Ryan. KF3790 .C545 2011.
- A Twenty-First Century U.S. Water Policy, by Christian-Smith et al. TD223 .C47 2012.
- Wetlands Deskbook, by Strand and Rothschild. KF5624 .S77 2009.
- Wetlands Law and Policy: Understanding Section 404, by Kim Connolly, et al. KF5624 .W38 2005.
- Carbon and Energy
- Climate Change
- Adjudicating Climate Change, by Burns and Osofsky. K3593 .A93 2009.
- Climate Change and Sustainable Development Law in a Nutshell, by Nolon and Salkin. RESERVE KF3783 .N65 2011.
- Climate Change and the Law, by Wold, et al. K3593 .W65 2009.
- Global Climate Change and U.S. Law, by Michael Gerrard. KF3775 .G56 2007.
- Endangered Species
- Endangered Species Act: History, Implementation, Successes, and Controversies, by J. Peton Doub. KF5640 .D68 2012.
- Endangered Species Act: Law, Policy, and Perspectives, by Baur and Irvin. KF5640 .A315 E53 2002.
- Endangered Species Deskbook, by Liebesman, et al. KF5640 .L54 2010.
- Lyster's International Wildlife Law, by Bowman et al. K3525 .B69 2010.
- Wildlife Law: A Global Perspective, by Raj Panjwani. KF 3525 .W53 2008.
- Wildlife Law: A Primer, by Freyfogle and Goble. KF5640 .F74 2009.
- Environmental Justice
- Environmental Justice: Law, Policy, and Regulation, by Rechtschaffen and Guana. KF3775 .R385 2009.
- Environmental Justice: Legal Theory and Practice, 2d ed., by Barry E. Hill. KF3775 .H55 2012.
- Law of Environmental Justice: Theories and Procedures to address Disproportionate Risks, by Gerrard and Foster, by KF3775 .L387 2008.
- Freedom of Information
- Freedom of Environmental Information, by Benjamin W. Cramer. KF4774 .C73 2011
- Hazardous Waste and Toxic Substances
- Brownfields: A Comprehensive Guide to Redeveloping Contaminated Property, by Davis and Sherman. HD257.5 .B75 2010.
- Environmental Law: RCRA, CERCLA, and the Management of Hazardous Waste, by Applegate and Laitos. KF3946 .Z9 A77 2006.
- Law of Chemical Regulation and Hazardous Waste, by Donald Stever. KF3958 .S742.
- Law of Hazardous Wastes and Toxic Substances in a Nutshell, by Sprankling and Weber. KF3945 .Z9 S685 2007.
- RCRA Practice Manual, by Theodore Garrett. KF3946 .R375 2013.
- Toxic Mold Litigation, by Herz and Abbott. KF3827 .R4 H47 2009.
- Toxic Substances Control Act: A Practical Guide, by Gold and Warshaw. KF3958 .G65 2010.
- International Environmental Law
- Climate Change Law and Policy: EU and US Approaches, by Cinnamon Pinon Carlarne. K3585.5 .C37 2010 and e-book.
- Greening International Jurisprudence, by Cathrin Zengerling. K3585 .Z46 2013.
- Handbook of International Environmental Law (e-book), by Shawkat Alam. K3585 .R68 2013.
- International Environmental Law in a Nutshell, by Guruswamy & Leach. RESERVE K3585 .G87 2012.
- International Environmental Law, by Beyerlin & Marauhn. K3585 .B49 2011.
- International Law & the Environment, by Birnie et al. K3585 .B57 2009.
- Land Use, Sustainability, Real Estate, and Green Building
- Environmental Aspects of Real Estate and Commercial Transactions, by James B. Witkin. KF1298 .E577 2011.
- Federal Land Use Law and Litigation, by Blaesser et al. KF5698 .Z9 F42 2010.
- Green Building and Sustainable Development, by Jonathan Furr. KF5505 .G74 2009.
- Law of Green Buildings, Cullen Howe, et al. KF5701 .L39 2010.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Natural Resources Law
- BNA Environment and Safety
The Library subscribes to BNA-All electronic databases. Please see that list for additional databases.
- Environment Complete is an index to literature in agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more.
- HeinOnline has the complete run of numerous environmental law journals in PDF format.
- Index to Legal Periodicals and Books indexes legal periodicals and books from 1908, and provides full-text access for more recent articles.
- WestlawNext includes Energy & Environment in its list of Topical Practice Areas, which you can Browse in the Topics tab.
- Lexis Advance includes Environmental Law and Energy & Utilities Law in its list of Areas & Topics.
- ABA Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources. The section's web site notes upcoming seminars, workshops, CLE's, and publications about the environment and related topics.
- Environmental Law Institute. This non-partisan research and education institute publishes reports, books, articles and other analyses about environmental topics to shape environmental law, policy, and management.
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law by HG Legal Directories. This website provides a brief overview of environmental law and serves as a portal to primary environmental law resources.
- Center for International Environmental Law. The Center has offices in DC and Geneva, Switzerland working to strengthen and international law and institutions to protect the environment. The Center has a law school intern program in both offices.
Government Internet Resources:
- Bureau of Land Management. BLM, a division of the Department of Interior, manages the vast public lands (excluding National Forests) of the United States. Most of these lands lie in the western states. The BLM manages wild ponies and burros, mineral rights and leases, controlled burns, recreation, conservation, and more for these public lands.
- Council on Environmental Quality. Part of the Executive Office of the President, the CEQ works with White House offices to develop environmental policies and initiatives.
- Department of Justice - Environment and Natural Resources Division. This division of DOJ represents the United States in matters concerning the environment, natural resources, and public lands.
- Department of State, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs. The OES advances U.S. foreign policy goals about climate change, renewable energy, non-renewable resources, polar issues, oceans policy, infectious diseases, science and technology, space policy, and more.
- Environmental Protection Agency, especially its page on environmental laws and regulations. The EPA is the nation's primary environmental agency with management and enforcement of the nation's navigable waters, air, drinking water, waste disposal, and toxic substances.
- Fish and Wildlife Service. The FWS manages the nation's wildlife and hunting and implements and enforces the Endangered Species Act.
- National Library of Medicine TOXNET. Databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. NOAA supplies information that pertains to the state of the oceans, the atmosphere, and weather, including global climate change.
- U.S. Forest Service. Agency that oversees and administers our nation's National Forests.
Virginia Department of Environmental Quality. Virginia DEQ administers state and federal laws and regulations for air quality, water quality, water supply, and waste management in Virginia.
Related Library Research Guides:
- Federal Legislative History
- Federal Primary Materials
- Federal Regulatory Law
- International Law
Last updated January 7, 2014