- Copyright Law in a Nutshell. RESERVE KF2994 .L34 2011. Also available online on West Academic Study Aids (Law School users only).
- Dictionary of Intellectual Property Law, by Peter Groves. REFERENCE KD1267.5 .G76 2011.
- Intellectual Property: The Law of Copyrights, Patents, and Trademarks, by Roger E. Schechter and John R. Thomas. RESERVE KF2979.A7 S34 2003. Also available online on West Academic Study Aids (Law School users only).
- Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademark, and Copyright in a Nutshell. RESERVE KF2980 .M52 2012. Also available online on West Academic Study Aids (Law School users only).
- Intellectual Property and Unfair Competition in a Nutshell. RESERVE KF1610 .M354 2013. Also available online on West Academic Study Aids (Law School users only).
- Intellectual Property Law Dictionary, by Rachel Gader-Shafran. REFERENCE KF2976.5 .G33.
- McCarthy's Desk Encyclopedia of Intellectual Property, by J. Thomas McCarthy, Roger E. Schechter, and David J. Franklyn. KF2976.4 M38 2004.
- Modern Patent Law Precedent: Dictionary of Key Terms and Concepts. REFERENCE KF3112 .A35 2013.
- Patent Law in a Nutshell. RESERVE KF3114.85 .A32 2013. Also available online on West Academic Study Aids (Law School users only).
- Trademark and Unfair Competition Law in a Nutshell. RESERVE KF3180 .J26 2013. Also available online on West Academic Study Aids (Law School users only).
The Intellectual Property section is on the third floor of the Law Library in Ranges 324-325.
- Anatomy of a Patent Case. KF3155 .A96 2012. Also available on Bloomberg Law.
- Biotechnology and the Law, by Iver P. Cooper. KF3133 .B56 C66.
- Chisum on Patents, by Donald S. Chisum. KF3114 .C45. Also available on Lexis (Law School users only).
- Gilson on Trademarks, by Jerome Gilson and Karin Green. KF3180 .G542.
- Goldstein on Copyright, by Paul Goldstein. KF2994 .G6522.
- Copyright Registration Practice, by James E. Hawes and Bernard C. Dietz. KF3004 .H392.
- Harmon on Patents, by Robert L. Harmon. KF3114 .H3465 2007. Also available on Bloomberg Law.
- International Copyright Law and Practice, by Melville B. Nimmer and Paul Edward Geller. K1420.5 .I54.
- Internet Law and Regulation, by Robert E. Emeritz. KF2763.4 .I58.
- Law of Copyright, by Howard B. Abrams. RESERVE KF2994 .A722.
- Lindey on Entertainment, Publishing and the Arts, by Alexander Lindey and Michael Landau. KF4290 .L56.
- McCarthy on Trademarks & Unfair Competition, by J. Thomas McCarthy. Available on Westlaw (Law School users only).
- Milgrim on Trade Secrets, by Roger M. Milgrim. KF3197 .A6 M5.
- Moy’s Walker on Patents, by R. Carl Moy. KF3114 .D444. Also available on Westlaw (Law School users only).
- Nimmer on Copyright, by Melville B. Nimmer and David Nimmer. KF2991.5 N5 1978. Also available on Lexis (Law School users only).
- Patent Law and Practice, by Herbert F. Schwartz and Robert J. Goldman. KF3120 .S38 2011. Also available on Bloomberg Law.
- Patent Law Fundamentals, by John Gladstone Mills, Donald Cress Reiley, and Robert Clare Highley. KF3114 .M552. Also available on Westlaw (Law School users only).
- Patry on Copyright, by William F. Patry. KF2991.5 .P382. Also availalble on Westlaw (Law School users only).
- Trade Secrets Throughout the World, by Melvin F. Jager. K1577 .T73.
- Trademark Registration Practice, by James E. Hawes. KF3181 .H39 2d.
- World Copyright Law, by J.A.L. Sterling. K1420.5 .S725 2008.
- World Intellectual Property Rights and Remedies, by Dennis Campbell. K1401 .W675.
- World Patent Law and Practice, by J.W. Baxter and John P. Sinnott. KF3114 .P28 v.2-2A.
- World Trademark Law and Practice, by Ethan Horwitz. K1555.4 .H67.
- The Author's Due: Printing and the Prehistory of Copyright, by Joseph Loewenstein. Z325 .L84 2002.
- Figures of Invention: A History of Modern Patent Law, by Alain Pottage and Brad Sherman. KF3114 .P685 2010.
- Intellectual Property Rights: A Critical History, by Christopher May and Susan K. Sell. K1401 .M393 2006.
- Copyright Handbook: What Every Writer Needs to Know, by Stephen Fishman. REFERENCE KF2995 .F53 2008.
- Nolo’s Patents for Beginners, by David Pressman and Richard Stim. REFERENCE KF3114.85 .P737 2009.
- Patent, Copyright & Trademark, by Richard Stim. REFERENCE KF2980 .E44 2012.
- Patent It Yourself: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Filing at the U.S. Patent Office, by David Pressman. REFERENCE KF3114.85 .P74 2009.
- Trademark: Legal Care for Your Business & Product Name, by Stephen Elias and Richard Stim. REFERENCE KF3180.Z9 E43 2013.
- West Academic Study Aids (Law School users only) — Includes study aids from West Academic Publishing, Foundation Press, and Gilbert on the subjects of copyright, patent law, and trademark.
Bloomberg BNA Databases — Offers in-depth news and analysis.
- BioTech Watch
- Computer Technology Law Report
- Intellectual Property Law Resource Center
- Life Sciences Law & Industry Report
- Medical Devices Law & Industry Report
- Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal
- Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Daily
- Pharmaceutical Law & Industry Report
- United States Patents Quarterly; Also available in print, KF2975.3 .U54.
- World Communications Regulation Report
- World Intellectual Property Report
Bloomberg Law Intellectual Property Practice Center — Provides access to laws and regulations, opinions, agency materials, treatises, transactional resources, law reviews, news, and much more.
HeinOnline Intellectual Property Law Collection — Includes federal agency decisions, legislative histories, periodicals, and more.
Lexis (Law School users only) — Lexis Advance includes Copyright Law, Patent Law, and Trademark Law in its Topics. Also, Lexis Practice Advisor for Intellectual Property & Technology offers practice notes, checklists, forms, relevant cases, codes, and commentary on legal transactions related to intellectual property practice.
Practising Law Institute Discover Plus — Features treatises, course handbooks, answer books, forms, and transcripts.
Westlaw (Law School users only) — WestlawNext includes Intellectual Property in its Practice Areas. Also, Practical Law covers the practice area of Intellectual Property & Technology and provides practice notes, checklists, and state and country Q&A comparison tools.
To find scholarly articles in journal databases, please see the Law Library's Research Guide on Journal Databases.
- U.S. Copyright Office
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Collection of National Copyright Laws - Provides national copyright and related rights legislation of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) Member States.
- Cornell University Copyright Information Center
- European Patent Office - Espacenet - Search more than 80 million patent documents worldwide, from 1836 to present.
- Google Patent Search
- INNOVACCESS: A European Network of National Intellectual Property Offices
- Stanford's Copyright Renewal Database - Search copyright renewal records received by the U.S. Copyright Office between 1950 and 1992 for books published in the U.S. between 1923 and 1963.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
Last edited April 8, 2014