Discussion Supporting National Preparedness Month and the Future of Critical Infrastructure, September 27
DHS' FORESMAN TO DISCUSS FUTURE OF CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE PROTECTION
National Preparedness Month and the Future of Critical Infrastructure:
A Candid Discussion with Leaders in Public and Private Sectors
Wednesday, September 27 11:00 a.m. — 1:30 p.m.*
The National Press Club
(Murrow, White and Lisagor Rooms)
529 14th St. NW, Washington, D.C.
ARLINGTON, VA — In recognition of National Preparedness Month, the George Mason School of Law Critical Infrastructure Protection Program (CIPP) will explore the role of the private sector in protecting our nation's critical infrastructure at this event, which is part of the CIPP's Critical Conversations series. DHS Under Secretary George Foresman will deliver the keynote address, followed by a panel discussion featuring private sector experts at the forefront of homeland security. The panel will consider issues such as strategic challenges currently facing the private sector in emergency preparedness and response to infrastructure disruptions.
- The Honorable George Foresman, Under Secretary for Preparedness, Department of Homeland Security
- Johanna Schneider, Executive Director, The Business Roundtable
- David Eisner, CEO, Corporation for National and Community Service
- Paul B. Kurtz, Executive Director of the Cyber Security Industry Alliance
- David Nozensky, Director of Corporate Security, Florida Power and Light Group
- Harrison Oellrich, Managing Director and head of the Cyber, Technology and
Intellectual Property Practice, Guy Carpenter Reinsurance
- Jeanne Meserve, CNN Homeland Security Correspondent (moderator)
*Lunch will be served.
Credentialed members of the news media are encouraged to attend this event. For more information or to RSVP, reporters should contact Ginny Smith, director of communications, at 703-993-8007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.