Experts to Debate New Law on Prosecution of Military Detainees, October 5
The War on Terror: What Process is Due Detainees
Thursday, October 5, 2006, 5:00 p.m
George Mason University School of Law
3301 Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA
(Virginia Square-GMU Orange Line Metro Stop)
The George Mason University School of Law will host a forum on October 5 at 5:00 p.m. to explore the implications of the recently passed Military Commissions Act of 2006 (S. 3930) and more broadly, the due process rights of detainees, in observance of the National Guantanamo Bay Teach-In. A full spectrum of viewpoints with respect to the new U.S. policy will be represented on this distinguished panel composed of practitioners, academics and a jurist.
- Ronald Rotunda, University Professor of Law, George Mason University School of Law
- The Honorable David Sentelle, U. S. Court of Appeals for District of Columbia Circuit
- Hina Shamsi, Esq., Senior Counsel, U.S. Law and Security Program, Human Rights First, New York, NY
- David Sheldon, Esq., David P. Sheldon, PLLC, Washington, D.C.
- Joseph Zengerle, Research Professor of National and Homeland Security Studies, George Mason University School of Law (moderator)