Fall 2008 Entering Class Joins the Law School
George Mason School of Law received a total of 5092 applications for fall 2008 admission. Twenty percent received offers of admission, and on August 15, 160 first-year JD students started class. The entering group of full-time students possessed a median LSAT of 164 and a median GPA of 3.72. The combined group of full- and part-time students had a median LSAT of 163 and a median GPA of 3.65.
The entering class was drawn from 86 different undergraduate institutions. Fifty-nine percent of the entering students are male, while 41 percent are female. Virginia residents make up 53 percent of the class, with the remaining 47 percent coming to Mason Law from outside the Commonwealth. Within the entering class, 100 first-year students attend classes as day students and 60 attend as evening students. The average age of entering students is 25.4 years.
Entering students hold a total of 25 graduate degrees as follows:
- 20 MA/MS
- 3 MBA
- 2 PhD