The Nuts & Bolts of Judicial Clerkships
On Wednesday, March 3, at 5:15 p.m. in Room 329, join CAAS, Mason alumni, and current Mason students who are beginning 2010 clerkships to discuss The Nuts & Bolts of Judicial Clerkships.
Topics covered in the session will include:
- An overview of the types of judicial clerkships (federal, state, administrative)
- The benefits of judicial clerkships (many!)
- Application strategies (varied!)
- The Mason Law recommendation process (get started early!)
- OSCAR, the on-line application system for federal judges (fun!)
- CAAS clerkship database (to make life easier!)
- This year's application deadlines (early!)
IMPORTANT: Students interested in pursuing clerkships beginning in 2010 or later (2Ds/3Es) MUST attend this session or make an appointment with a CAAS counselor prior to April 30.
3D and 4E students interested in clerkships also are strongly encouraged to attend.