Profile of the 2012 Entering Class
On August 10, the School of Law welcomed the 147 matriculants in its fall 2012 entering first-year class to Orientation and the formal beginning of their law school studies.
The 2012 entering class has a median LSAT of 163* and a median undergraduate GPA of 3.70*. Sixty percent of the entering students are male, while 40 percent are female. Virginia residents make up 44 percent of the class, with the remaining 56 percent coming to Mason Law from outside the Commonwealth. Within the entering class, 118 first-year students attend classes as day students and 29 attend as evening students.
Matriculants represent four countries, including the United States, and hail from 28 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, individuals hold a total of 20 advanced degrees, including 9 MAs, 2 MSs, 4 MBAs, 1 MD, and 4 PhDs.
The law school also welcomed 23 transfer students in fall 2012. Forty-three percent of these students are female, and 57% of them are male. Among the transfer students, three hold MAs.
*as of August 10, 2012