Current News

Profile of the Fall 2013 Entering Class

The 151 matriculants of the School of Law’s fall 2013 entering first-year class began their formal study of law during this year’s orientation program, held on August 9 and 10.

The 2013 entering class has a median LSAT of 161 and a median undergraduate GPA of 3.55. Fifty-six percent of the entering students are male, while 44 percent are female. Virginia residents make up 54 percent of the class, with the remaining 46 percent coming to Mason Law from outside the Commonwealth. Within the entering class, 115 first-year students attend classes as day students and 36 attend as evening students.

Matriculants represent four countries, including the United States, and hail from 31 states and the District of Columbia. In addition, individuals in the entering first-year class hold a total of 22 advanced degrees, including 9 MAs, 7 MSs, 1 MBA, 1 MFA, 1 MPP, and 3 PhDs.

The law school also welcomed 12 transfer students in fall 2013. Thirty-three percent of those students are female, and sixty-seven percent of them are male.

For additional information about enrollment, tuition and fees, faculty, etc., visit this link.

View 2012 Entering Class Information