Food law and drug law share many of the same research resources. This guide is drafted in support of Law 481: Food Law & Policy Seminar, and will, therefore, focus on food law.
- Food & Drug Dictionary: Official Regulatory Terms, by Government Institutes Research Group. REFERENCE KF3867.5 .F66 2003.
Treatises & Other Works
Some examples of treatises and other scholarly works follow. For more publications search the George Mason Library Catalog. A relevant subject heading is Food law and legislation -- United States.
- FDA in the Twenty-First Century: The Challenges of Regulating Drugs and New Technologies, by Holly Fernandez Lynch and I. Glenn Cohen. KF3871 .F34 2015.
- Food and Drug Law: Cases and Materials (4th ed.), by Peter Barton Hutt et al. KF3868 .F66 2014.
- Food, Farming, and Sustainability: Readings in Agricultural Law, by Susan A. Schneider. KF1682 .S36 2016.
- Food Law: Cases and Materials, by Lisa Heinzerling. KF3875 .H43 2015.
- Food Law in the United States, by Michael T. Roberts. KF3875 .R63 2016.
- Food Regulation: Law, Science, Policy, and Practice (2nd ed.), by Neal D. Furtin. KF3875 .F67 2017.
- Guide to U.S. Food Laws and Regulations, by Patricia A. Curtis (ed.). KF3870 .C87 2013.
Policy Books & Popular Works
- A Consumer's Guide to Food Regulation & Safety, by James T. O'Reilly. KF3875 .O74 2010.
- Everything I Want to Do Is Illegal: War Stories from the Local Food Front, by Joel Salatin. S605.5 .S25 2007.
- Food Law and Regulation for Non-lawyers: A U.S. Perspective (online book), by Marc C. Sanchez.
- Food Law for Public Health, by Jennifer L. Pomeranz. TX359 .P66 2016.
- Food Politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health, by Marion Nestle. TX360 .U6 N47 2013.
- Framing the Farm Bill: Interests, Ideology, and the Agricultural Act of 2014, by Christopher Bosso (2017). Online JSTOR.
- The Little Book of Foodie Law, by Cecil C. Kuhne. REFERENCE KF387 .K846 2012.
- The Omnivores Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals, by Michael Pollan. GT2850 .P65 2007.
International Law & Policy Books
For more publications search the George Mason Library Catalog. A relevant subject heading, for example, is Genetically modified foods--Law and legislation.
- Genetically Modified Organisms: Restrictions in 23 Countries and the European Union, by Morris Bishop (ed.). K3927 .G47 2016.
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act: Judicial Record. KF3865 .A2 F43.
- Drake Journal of Agricultural Law
- Food and Drug Law Journal
- Journal of Food Law and Policy
- San Joaquin Agricultural Law Review
Mason Law Databases
- Bloomber BNA Law Reports - Food issues may be covered in the Product Safety & Liability Reporter, Daily Environment Report, International Environment Reporter, and U.S. Law Week (major U.S. litigation)
- HeinOnline - Access to several thousand legal journals in PDF format
- Law360 - Current news on major litigation
- Oxford Scholarship Online - Online books from Oxford University Press, coverage tends to focus on European Union or comparative food law
- ProQuest Legisative Insight - For compiled Legislative Histories
- ProQuest Congressional - For congressional documents 1789 to present
- Social Science Research Network - Find working and forthcoming papers on ecomonics, law, and other social sciences
- Academic Search Complete - Journal articles in a wide array of academic topic areas
- Environment Complete - Journal articles covering many environmental topics
- PAIS International - International journal articles on many public policy topics
- ProQuest Natural Science Collection - Articles in the natural sciences, from agriculture to water resources
Websites & Blogs for Current Awareness
- Agricultural Law
- Food Safety News
- National Agricultural Law Center: The Ag & Food Law Blog
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
Last updated May 23, 2017.