News

Profile of the Fall 2016 Entering Class

*The 2016 entering first-year class began their formal study of law during orientation which started on August 12. The JD class consists of 179 students representing 32 states and the District of Columbia and eight different countries. This will be the first class to enter the law school under the official name of George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School.

Fall 2016 Orientation Program
Fall 2016 Orientation

The incoming JD class has a median LSAT of 162 and a median undergraduate GPA of 3.66. Forty-six percent are female, while 54% are male. Virginia residents make up 48% of the class, while the remaining 52% come from outside the Commonwealth. The average age of the entering class is 27. Within the first year class, 137 students attend classes as day students and 42 attend as evening students. Fifteen percent of the incoming first year students hold advanced degrees, including 5 PhD, 11 MA, 3 MBA, and 5 MS.

This fall we also celebrate the arrival of the largest (18) and most diverse LLM class in our school's history. This group of experienced attorneys and practitioners - and even one judge - from Belgium, Colombia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Germany, India, Japan, the People's Republic of China (P.R.C.), Russia, Taiwan, and the United States will share their collective expertise with our JDs, further strengthening our exceptional community.

Finally, the school is delighted to welcome to our community 11 students who transferred to us from other law programs in the country.

For additional information about enrollment, tuition and fees, faculty, etc., see Admissions.

View 2015 Entering Class Information

*As of August 20, 2016