News

Profile of the Fall 2017 Entering Class

*The 2017 entering first-year class began their formal study of law during orientation which started on August 11. The JD class consists of 176 students representing 33 states and the District of Columbia and three different countries.

Fall 2017 Entering Class
Fall 2017 Entering Class

The incoming JD class has a median LSAT of 162 and a median undergraduate GPA of 3.7. Forty-eight percent are female, while 52% are male. Virginia residents make up 36% of the class, while the remaining 64% come from outside the Commonwealth. The average age of the entering class is 25. Within the first year class, 144 students attend classes as day students and 32 attend as evening students. Eleven percent of the incoming first year students hold advanced degrees, including 4 PhD, 4 MA, 5 MS, and 6 other graduate degrees.

This fall we also celebrate the arrival of 18 LLM students. This group of experienced attorneys and practitioners from Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Colombia, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Korea, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United States will share their collective expertise with our JDs, further strengthening our exceptional community.

Finally, the school is delighted to welcome to our community 12 students who transferred to us from other law programs in the country.

View 2016 Entering Class Information

*As of August 11, 2017