See also: Arlington Campus
The Arlington Campus of George Mason University emerged in 1979 when the Virginia General Assembly established the George Mason University School of Law, merging it with the International School of Law, which was housed in the old Kann's department store building in Virginia Square. The following year, the university established graduate and continuing education programs in the same building.
In 1999, the School of Law relocated to a new building, a 150,000 square-foot educational facility, located nearby on the Arlington Campus. That building is the first of a three-phase plan designed to develop the 5.2 acre site. A new 256,000 square-foot classroom building, Founders Hall, opened in January 2011 and is used primarily to house the School of Public Policy and auxiliary university services.
Course offerings in Arlington focus on law, economics, and public policy. There are also two non-law academic and research centers located on the Arlington Campus: the Mercatus Center, and the Institute for Humane Studies.
Arlington Campus Services:
- Apple Credit Union ATM
- Phone: 703-788-4800
Apple Credit Union ATM is located in Founders Hall, first floor.
- Arlington Campus Library. See also: Law Library
- Phone: 703- 993-8188; Location: 201 Founders Hall.
This library is a unit of the University Libraries and collects materials in support of non-law academic programs offered in Arlington including international commerce and business, trade, non-profit management, and education. ACL is also a depository for European Union documents.
Hours: See the University Libraries' Hours.
- Arlington YMCA
- Phone: 703-525-5420;, Location: 3422 N. 13th Street.
A discounted fee of $2 per visit is available for students. The YMCA also has a faculty/staff discount. Users must have a valid GMU ID.
- Phone: 703-993-8170; Location: 103B Founders Hall. Managed by Barnes & Noble.
The bookstore provides all textbooks and school supplies for the Arlington Campus, as well as stamps, greeting cards, and gifts.
For hours, see their website.
- Computer Labs (non-law) See also: Law Library Labs
- Phone:703- 993-8226; Location: Founders Hall, Room 211. Open to all GMU faculty, staff, and students.
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.; Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday, 9:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
- Copy Center
- Phone: 703-993-8141; Location: Law Library, Room 134.
The copy center provides copy service, course material sales, transparencies, manuscripts, copying of legal briefs, and library reserve materials. Coin/card operated copiers are located on each floor. A teller is available on the first floor. Operated by Print Services.
Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:30 a.m.- 10:30 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 10: 00 p.m.; Saturday/Sunday Closed
- Facilities/Building Maintenance
- Phone: 703-993-8150, Fax: 703-993-8149; Location: Founders Hall, B123.
Emergency complaints and repairs (i.e. water leaks, power outage, elevator outage) should be called in to the work control desk at 703-993-2525. Then call 703-993-8150 for a duty engineer and leave a message.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. for main crew; Monday to Friday, 3:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. for evening operator; Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. for weekend operator.
- Health Services, Students
- Phone: 703-993-2831; Location: B102 Founders Hall.
There are nominal fees for lab work, medications, treatments, procedures, or supplies. There is no charge to be seen by a healthcare provider.
For hours on the Arlington campus, see the Health Services Clinic Hours.
- ID Office
- Phone: 703-993-8141; Location: Copy Center, Law Library, Room 134.
Photo ID hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Key Control
703-993-8207; Location: Founders Hall, 219.
Hours: Monday and Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Lost & Found
- Copy Center (Room 134, Law Library) - found items held for 24 hours and then sent to University Police; Law Library Circulation Desk; and University Police (Founders Hall, Room 110).
- Mason Money
- Phone: 703-993-2870; Location: Fairfax, SUB II.
Deposit funds online and use the GMU Photo ID card for a variety of purchases including photocopies, Pay-For-Print, GMU food services, and the GMU Bookstore.
- Parking Services
- Phone: 703-993-8146; Location: Founders Hall, 219. Operated by Standard Parking.
Parking spaces are available on-site for students, faculty, and staff with valid Arlington Campus parking decals. Parking lot enforcement hours are 7 a.m. to midnight.
For hours, see their website.
See also: Parking Procedures at the Arlington Campus.
- Emergency - Dial 911; Phone: 703-993-8070; Location: Founders Hall, Room 110. University Police provides 24-hour police coverage.
For police escort services, call 703-993-8370.
- Sexual Assault Services
- Phone: 703-993-8186; Location: 222D Founders Hall.
Services available for both men and women include information on sexual assault, sexual harassment, and stalking; crisis intervention; psychological, medical, and judicial support; and volunteer/intern opportunities.
- Transportation Website
- Phone: 703-993-2828; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; provides transportation information for the Arlington Campus; compiled by the Transportation Department of George Mason University.