D. Bruce Johnsen
Professor of Law
BA, University of Washington; MA, University of Washington; PhD, University of Washington; JD, Emory University School of Law
- Social Science Research Network Home Page
- Subjects Taught: Business Associations, Law and Economics, Law of Investment Management, Securities Regulation
- Curriculum Vitae: CV in PDF format
- Area(s) of Expertise: Antitrust, Corporate Governance, Evolution of Law/Legal Rules, Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds, Property Rights, Securities Regulation, Soft Dollar Brokerage
- Email: Send an email
- Phone: 703-993-8066
- Office: Room 324, Hazel Hall, Arlington
Antonin Scalia Law School
George Mason University
3301 Fairfax Dr.
Arlington, VA 22201
Professor of Law D. Bruce Johnsen came to George Mason University in 1994 from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he taught courses in the Legal Studies and Finance departments. Before that time, he was a visiting senior research scholar at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and an assistant professor in the Department of Management at Texas A&M University.
His training in economics is from the University of Washington, where he earned his BA (1977), MA (1981), and PhD (1987). He graduated from the JD program at Emory University in 1985.
Professor Johnsen teaches Legal and Economic Methods, Financial Theory, Business Associations, and the Law of Investment Management.