- Scalia Law School Class of 2021 Convocation
- Scalia Law School Class of 2021 Convocation Program
- Scalia Law School Class of 2021 Marching Orders Slides
- Scalia Law School Graduates: Speciality Tracks & Student Activities
IN-PERSON CONVOCATION CEREMONY
Scalia Law School will hold a full, in-person Convocation Ceremony on Saturday May 15, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
We are the only unit in the University who has been given permission for a full ceremony. There will be strict COVID restrictions in place, and a virtual option to participate in the ceremony has been created for those who cannot attend in person.
Students who attend in person will walk across the stage when their name is read, and students who attend virtually will be featured on screen when their name is read.
The event will be live streamed. Link coming soon.
Antonin Scalia School of Law Convocation is on Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
Parking Lot L, Next to Eagle Bank Arena, Fairfax Campus
The School of Law Convocation is a special ceremony for law graduates only.
GUESTS AND REGISTRATION
Graduating students may bring up to 4 guests. No additional guests are allowed and no exceptions will be made.
A link to register graduates and their guests has been emailed out to students. If you did not get the link please contact Denise Beatty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guests must wear masks and social distance. Guests must check in as one party and bring their tickets, either printed or on their phones. After check-in guests will be escorted, as a group, to a seating pod.
Masks must be worn outside of your seating pod.
Portable restrooms will be available on site.
PARKING AND ACCOMODATIONS
Graduates and guests will park in Lot K.
You may enter off Roanoke River Road from Braddock Road or from Patriot Circle. Please follow signs and parking staff direction to the lot. Additionally, you may use Campus Drive to Global Lane or Patriot Circle to access Lot K. Plan for heavy traffic when arriving to the ceremony.
Special needs parking is located in Parking Lot A, at the south side of Eagle Bank Arena. The entrance to that area is accessible through Mattaponi River Lane from Patriot Circle or from Nottoway River Lane off Braddock Road.
IMPORTANT GRADUATE INFORMATION
- If you are participating in the ceremony virtually, you will be emailed a Zoom link. Please ensure you are wearing your regalia and login at 12:45 p.m.
- Law Student check-in is between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm. You MUST bring your ticket and be checked in by 12:00 pm - we are using the same line to check in students and guests. Guest check-in begins at 12:00 pm. Please don't be late.
- Law Students will gather on Po River Lane to line up and begin the procession.
- Please do not bring personal items, purses, or valuables. There is no place to store them.
- Students must come to the ceremony robed and hooded - If you earned honors, cords should be worn under the hood.
The Law School is collecting candid photos for a video montage that will be shown during the graduation ceremony. Photos are due by May 7.
Or emailed directly to Carlos Sandoval.
May 15, 2021 – Law School Convocation Sequence of Events
|11:30 a.m.||Law Graduates arrive at Parking Lot L, next to Eagle Bank Area for check-in. DO NOT BRING PERSONAL ITEMS, PURSES, OR VALUABLES. There is no place to store them.|
|12:00 p.m.||Guest check-in begins in Parking Lot L.|
|12:15 p.m.||Graduates line up alphabetically for processional.|
|1:00 p.m.||Procession begins.|
|Ceremony End||Return caps and gowns to designated areas. Please social distance and wear your masks.|
Please Note: GMU Events Management handles photography for the convocation. Photographic proofs of graduates will be emailed to each graduated.
Alcoholic beverages and smoking are prohibited.
|May 7||Last day to register guests for In-Person Convocation Ceremony|
|May 7||Last day to send candid photos to Law School for slide show shown during Law School Convocation Ceremony|
|May 15||Law School Convocation Ceremony at 1:00 p.m.|
All inquiries about the 2021 Law School Convocation should be directed to Denise Beatty.