Eric R. Claeys
Professor of Law
A.B., Princeton University; J.D., University of Southern California
- Social Science Research Network Home Page
- Subjects Taught: Property, Tort, Trade Secrets Law, Intellectual Property, Constitutional Law, Water Law & Remedies
- Curriculum Vitae: CV in PDF format
- Area(s) of Expertise: Private Law Theory, Natural Law and Rights Theory, Trade Secrecy, Constitutional Law
- Email: Send an email
- Phone: 703-993-8247
- Office: Room 420, Hazel Hall, Arlington Campus
George Mason University School of Law
3301 Fairfax Dr. Arlington, VA 22201
Eric Claeys is a Professor of Law at the School of Law at George Mason University. He has also taught at Saint Louis University School of Law and the University of Chicago Law School. Before teaching, he practiced appellate and tort litigation and clerked for the Hon. Melvin Brunetti, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the Hon. William Rehnquist, Chief Justice of the United States.
Professor Claeys' scholarship focuses on American property and constitutional law, and particularly on the influence of American natural-law/natural-rights theory on the law.