MASONLIVE, powered by Microsoft Office 365, is the official e-mail system for students at Mason.
New students must first set-up their MASONLIVE account by following the 1st Login Instructions available on the MASONLIVE website. There is also an Account Set-up Checklist that provides additional guidance.
After setting-up a new account, you may lgoin to your account in the following ways:
- Through the MASONLIVE web site: Connect to http://masonlive.gmu.edu. Select 'Login with Your MASONLAW Account' and use your full email address (NetID@masonlive.gmu.edu) and your MASONLIVE Microsoft Password.
- Through the Outlook web site: You can also access your MASONLIVE account directly through the Outlook web site at http://outlook.office365.com. You will need to type in your full email address (NetID@masonlive.gmu.edu) and your MASONLIVE Microsoft Password (this is not necessarily your Patriot Pass password).
- Through your mobile device: You can add your MASONLIVE account to your mobile device by following the set-up instructions and more details on our mobile device tutorial.
- a 50 GB email quota
- an integrated calendar
- contact list
- easy sync with mobile devices
- access to Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus
All e-mail sent from your MASONLIVE account will have this address: NetID@masonlive.gmu.edu. However, you should use this address on your business cards and resumes: NetID@gmu.edu.
Once you activate and opt-in to your new MasonLive account, all email sent to you at NetID@gmu.edu will automatically go to your MASONLIVE account. Any email forwarding from your old MEMO account will no longer work. You will need to set-up new forwarding in MasonLive. For instructions on forwarding, see How to forward your MASONLIVE e-mail to another account. To forward your MASONLIVE email to a mobile phone, see Adding Your MASONLIVE Account to a Mobile Device or E-mail Client.
Using MASONLIVE with Thunderbird and Outlook
Microsoft has detailed instructions on how to set-up various mail clients for use with Office 365: Settings for POP and IMAP access for Office 365. Please note that your login name will be NetID@masonlive.gmu.edu, and your password will be your Microsoft password.
Using MASONLIVE with Mobile Devices
MASONLIVE supports POP and IMAP standards and can be pulled into mobile devices. See the following instructions: Adding Your MASONLIVE Account to a Mobile Device or E-mail Client. Please note that your login name will be NetID@masonlive.gmu.edu, and your password will be your Microsoft personal password.
All email sent to you at email@example.com will continue to be filtered by IronPort and you will continue to receive daily digests. You can also configure your MASONLIVE account to provide junk filtering. For more information, see Overview of the Junk Email Filter.
For problems with your MASONLIVE e-mail, please contact the ITU Support Center at 703-993-8870 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For general questions about MASONLIVE, you can also contact email@example.com, call 703-993-4855 or visit the staff in room 362 of the Law Library (weekdays, 9am-8pm).