The 2018 first year class began their formal study of law at Orientation which started on August 16. The JD class consists of 160 students representing 37 states and the District of Columbia, and four different countries.
The incoming JD class has a median LSAT of 163 and a median undergraduate GPA of 3.76. Forty-six percent are female, while 54 percent are male. Virginia residents make up 37 percent of the class, while the remaining 63 percent come from outside the Commonwealth. The average age of the entering class is 25. In the first-year class, 140 students attend as day students and 20 attend as evening students. Among the first-year students, 13.7 percent hold advanced degrees, including: 3 PhDs, 15 Masters or graduate degrees, and four professional degrees.
This fall we celebrate 41 new LLM students, lawyers and practitioners from Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cameroon, China, India, Palestine, Philippines, Poland, USA, and Vietnam. These include 26 online students and 15 residential students.
Finally, Scalia Law welcomes nine new students who transferred in from other law programs.