Scalia Law Class of 2021 Celebrates Graduation
On Saturday, May 15, the Antonin Scalia Law School awarded 161 Juris Doctor degrees, 47 Master of Laws degrees, 14 Juris Master degrees, and two JD/MBA dual degrees to the Class of 2021 at the annual graduation celebration held at George Mason University's Fairfax Campus. Dean Ken Randall presided over the ceremony and presented diplomas with Professor of Law Craig Lerner.
The student speakers were Virginia Stella Gibson Burk (JM), Andom Tseggai Gherezghiher (LLM), Teresita Ann Regelbrugge (JD, Day Class), Kevin Kirby Bell (JD, Evening Class), and Marymargaret Aileen Koester (SBA president).
The keynote speaker was The Honorable Ignacia S. Moreno. Ms. Moreno is the Chief Executive Officer and a founding Principal of the iMoreno Group, PLC, a majority woman-owned and majority minority-owned law firm. She is recognized as one of the nation’s leading environmental and natural resources lawyers. Her 30-year career included serving under President Obama as Assistant Attorney General of the Environment and Natural Resources Division at the U.S. Department of Justice . In 2018, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam appointed Ms. Moreno to serve on the Board of Visitors of George Mason University, and she was elected to the Executive Committee in 2019. She also serves as Vice Chair of the Audit Committee.
Dean Randall recognized outstanding students with the following awards:
- Daniel D. Polsby Award for Excellence in Leadership, Justin William Angotti
- Emerging Leader in Public Service Award, Anne McCarthy Cotter and Gage Dabin
- American Law Institute CLE Scholarship & Leadership Award, Laura Beth Ruppalt
- Law School Community Service Award, Sarah Nicole Christensen and Alexandra Isabell Morgan
- Law School Pro Bono Award, Rachel Irene Elliott and Molly Elise Lovern
- Marketplace of Ideas Award, Kevin Kirby Bell and Cody Ray Milner
- Outstanding Academic Achievement in Juris Master (JM) Studies, Ashraf M. Al Shihabi
- Outstanding Academic Achievement in Master of Laws (LLM) Studies, Sandra Milena, Castaneda Pinzon, and Haim Zvi Yeger
- Henry G. Manne Award for Excellence in Law & Economics, Alexander Krzepicki
- Global Antitrust Institute Award for Outstanding Performance in Antitrust Law and Economics, Alexander Krzepicki and Daniel Mark Rosenblum
- Outstanding Academic Achievement in Antitrust Law, Cory Adam Gordon, Alexander Krzepicki, and Timothy Alexander Swartz
- Giles Sutherland Rich Award for Excellence in The Study of Intellectual Property Law, Molly Kathleen Delaney
- Family Law Section of the VSB & VA Chapter of The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Family Law Book Award, Anna Maria Dunin-Underwood
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award, Justin William Angotti and Gabriella Nicole Paez
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Foundation Trial Advocacy Award, John Mark Mastakas
The Convocation Program is available online.
View a List of Graduate Specialty Tracks and Student Activities.
A recording of the ceremony is available on Mason’s YouTube channel.