Location of the Law School Support Center
The Law School Technology Support Center is located in Room 362 of the Law Library.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am - 9:00pm
Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Saturday – Sunday, Closed
Services for Students
Technology staff will provide support for student laptops, but the student must stay with the laptop while it’s being serviced in the Support Center. If the work cannot be completed while the student is present, the student will be asked to return with the laptop at a later date.
Students are responsible for backing-up data and programs on their laptops before bringing them into the Support Center for service.
Law School Technology Services supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), OS X 10.14 (Mojave), and macOS Catalina (10.15)
Law School Technology Services staff can:
- Assist with setting up and troubleshooting wireless connectivity on student laptops and personal wireless devices.
- Install the latest university-supported antivirus software (Symantec/Norton) and virus definitions.
- Scan and clean the laptop.
- Install anti-spyware solutions to combat future infections
- Uninstall programs that pose security risks to the laptop software.
- Assist with general operating system troubleshooting, including installing the latest patches and updates.
- Assist with installation and troubleshooting of university and law-school supported software, including browsers and exam software.
- Assist with configuration and troubleshooting GMU email on laptops and personal wireless devices.
- Assist with installing and configuring Pay for Print software on laptops.
Law School Technology Services staff cannot
- Provide hardware repairs or replacements.
- Reimage laptops.
- Perform backups of data or programs.
Students should contact the manufacturer of their laptops regarding warranty repairs.
GMU’s Patriot Tech store provides a repair center in Fairfax. In addition, retail stores are available in Arlington to service hardware problems and provide repairs for computers that are not covered by warranties.
Apple Store: www.apple.com/retail/clarendon
2700 Clarendon Blvd. Arlington, VA 22201
3804 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22203
Best Buy/Geek Squad:
Best Buy Store Locations:
5799 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041
1201 S Hayes St Ste #b, Arlington, VA 22202