Founders Hall Parking Deck
- The Founders Hall Parking Deck is a reserved parking garage that guarantees all Founders Hall permit holders a parking space in that structure. Founders Hall permits will also be valid in the non-restricted spaces of the general permit areas on both the Fairfax and Prince William campuses. The Founders Hall permits will not be valid in any of the other parking facilities on the Arlington campus (Foundation Parking Deck or the Truland Building).
- The Founders Hall Parking Deck requires the use of a unique electronic access device, so once you purchase your permit, you will need to visit the Arlington Parking Services’ office to obtain the device.
- To access the Founders Hall garage, use the alley behind Founders Hall, turning off either Kirkwood Drive (between Hazel Hall and Truland Building) or Washington Boulevard at the traffic signal between Giant and GMU Foundation Building (come down the hill and go past the GMUF garage and the Original Building loading dock).
GMU Foundation Building
- An Arlington Faculty/Staff/Student general permit and access card are required to park in the George Mason University Foundation Building (GMUF). You can obtain an access card from the Parking Services Office located in Founders Hall, Room 219. Arlington’s faculty, staff and student community are entitled to 312 parking spaces in the Foundation Building before 6:00pm, and 550 spaces after 6:00pm. A general permit does not guarantee space in the GMUF or Truland garages.
- For those driving directly to the Foundation Building parking garage it is recommended that you approach the garage from the north on Washington Blvd. so you can make a right turn into the entrances. If you are driving on Fairfax Drive from I-66, you can make a left at Quincy St. (the Arlington Funeral Home sign is on the corner) and then make a right onto Washington Blvd. across from Washington and Lee High School. It is best to use the entrance closest to Giant by turning right at the traffic light rather than use the entrance in the alley by the Truland Building.
Truland Building Surface and Garage Parking
An Arlington Faculty/Staff general permit required. A limited number of faculty/staff spaces are located on surface level (entrance off Kirkwood Drive) and 60 spaces are located on the garage level (entrance off Washington Boulevard). Student permits are valid in the garage level after 4pm Monday-Friday.
Founders Hall Garage
- Visitor parking is now open.The rates are set at the prevailing rates for all University visitor garages. Currently the rates are $3/hour with a daily maximum of $14 Monday-Friday. After 5pm on Fridays and all day on Saturday and Saunday, there is a flat daily rate of $7. Payment methods accepted: cash, coin, Visa/Mastercard, and Founders Hall validations.
- Metered parking available on surface level (located off Kirkwood Drive).
GMU Foundation Building
- Visitor parking allowed only with advanced permission from Parking Services at all times. One may not park in the GMU leased spaces and pay the hourly rate. The hourly rates only apply to the retail business spaces such as for Quiznos.
- Please contact Parking Services at email@example.com information on requesting visitor parking.
Event parking is arranged with the Events Management office in conjunction with Parking Services. Please contact Events Management (3-8140) or Parking Services (3-8146 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on meeting your event needs. Organizations can purchase validations from Parking Services for their guests. The validation request form can be found at https://parkingsvc.gmu.edu/arlington_validation_form.
- Disabled Parking Available in each parking facility. Vehicle must display BOTH a valid DMV disabled permit (tag or placard) and a valid Mason parking permit (or payment required). DMV permits alone are not valid for parking in campus parking areas or lots.
- Motorcycle Parking Available on surface level of Truland Building and B3 level of Founders Hall garage. Must park in designated motorcycle parking areas.
- Fuel Efficient Vehicle Preferred Parking There are referred parking spaces in Founders Hall, Truland, and GMUF for eligible vehicles. A free supplemental fuel-efficient vehicle permit is required to park in these spaces. For more info go to http://parking.gmu.edu/fuelefficientparkingprogram.html.
- Carpool Parking There are some preferred faculty/staff carpool spaces in each facility, requiring a free supplemental carpool permit. For information on registering go to http://transportation.gmu.edu/carpool.html.
- Administrative Parking Permits Departments from the Fairfax and Prince William campuses can request “Arlington Administrative” permits that will let them park in a few spaces in Truland. However, even with these permits, there will be no guarantee of an available space. To request an Arlington Administrative permit for your department, send your request to email@example.com.
The Virginia Square stop is less than 2 blocks from campus. At the Fairfax campus, you can take the CUE bus or the Mason to Metro Shuttle to the Vienna Metro station and then take the Orange Line to the Virginia Square stop. Check the Mason Shuttles website at http://shuttle.gmu.edu for more information.
The Arlington Parking Services Office is located in Founder's Hall, Room 219. All permits can be purchased online. Faculty/staff wishing to use payroll deduction purchase option, use form here. Regular hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 10:00am - 7:00pm; Fridays 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Foundation Building and Truland: Annual: $300.00; Semester: $160.00
Founders Hall: Annual: $600/year (or daytime only/evening only pass: $450/year). Cannot be purchased by semester
For more information, see http://parking.gmu.edu/arlingtoncampusparking.html.
Office of Parking Services Web Site
Arlington Campus Parking Services Office: (703) 993-8146
Campus Operations Coordinator: (703) 993-8140
University Police: (703) 993-8070/2810
Arlington Campus Information Services: (703) 993-8999
Arlington Campus Parking Office, Founders Hall, Room 219 (Operated by Standard Parking).
Parking Office Hours: See: Arlington Campus Hours of Operation