The Law School now offers alumni the opportunity to order a replacement copy of their original Law School diploma online.  All replacement diplomas will have the word “Reissued” printed in small type at the bottom and will include the signatures of the administration at the time the replacement diploma is issued. Replacement diplomas are not duplicates of the original diploma. Additionally, all degrees are issued by George Mason University. Antonin Scalia Law School, as the the current name of the law school, will be noted under the Dean’s signature.

The basic fee for a non-expedited order mailed to an address in the U.S. is $50.00 per diploma.  Expedited processing and delivery service is also available, for both U.S. ($125.00) and international destinations ($195.00).

All replacement diploma orders must be made through Patriot Web.

  1. Login to Patriot Web (Please make sure that you allow pop-ups from this site).
  2. Click the ‘Student Services’ tab.
  3. Click ‘Student Records.’
  4. Click ‘Order Replacement Diploma.

Alumni will need to setup a Patriot Pass account.  Please fill out the Claim Code Reset Request form in order to establish a user name and password on Patriot Web.  Still need Help? Please contact the ITS Support Center (703-993-8870) for assistance.

Diploma Name

Your diploma name MUST reflect your name of record during the last term of attendance at George Mason University.  If your legal name has changed since you graduated, and you wish to have it appear on your replacement diploma, you will need to first have it updated in Patriot Web. This process is explained on the Change of Name page.  You must provide a copy of the legal document authorizing the name change (i.e. marriage license, court order) to the Law Records Office.  When the change is made, it will be effective University-wide.

Degree Verification

If you are requesting a copy of your diploma for the purpose of degree verification, we recommend that you first make sure that some other document will not serve the purpose. Usually, companies or government agencies are looking for official proof of graduation, and only in rare cases, involving foreign governments, is an actual diploma needed.  A verification or transcript can be obtained for less cost and in less time.  The Law Records Office issues degree and graduation verification letters at no charge.  Requests can be made in person or by submitting a Transcript/Enrollment Verification Request form.  Verification letters and transcripts are not available electronically and can be picked up or mailed only.