Note: The Truland Building garage and surface parking lot are no longer available for use by George Mason faculty and staff.
For hours, see the Arlington Parking Service website.
Founders Hall Parking Garage
- The Founders Hall garage is a reserved parking garage that guarantees all Founders Hall permit holders a parking space in that structure. Founders Hall permits will also be valid in the non-restricted spaces of the general permit areas on both the Fairfax and Prince William campuses. The Founders Hall permits are not valid in the Vernon-Smith Building Garage.
- The Founders Hall garage requires the use of a unique electronic access device, so once you purchase your permit, you will need to visit the Arlington Parking Services’ office to obtain the device.
- To access the Founders Hall garage, use the alley behind Founders Hall, turning off either Kirkwood Drive (between Hazel Hall and Truland Building) or Washington Boulevard at the traffic signal between Giant and Vernon-Smith Hall (come down the hill and go past the Vernon-Smith Hall garage and the Original Building loading dock).
Vernon-Smith Hall Garage
- An Arlington Faculty/Staff/Student general permit and access card are required to park in the George Mason University Vernon-Smith Hall Garage. A general permit does not guarantee space in the Vernon-Smith Hall Garage.
- For those driving directly to the Vernon-Smith Hall parking garage it is recommended that you approach the garage from the north on Washington Blvd. so you can make a right turn into the entrances. If you are driving on Fairfax Drive from I-66, you can make a left at Quincy St. (the Arlington Funeral Home sign is on the corner) and then make a right onto Washington Blvd. across from Washington and Lee High School. It is best to use the entrance closest to Giant by turning right at the traffic light rather than use the entrance in the alley by the Truland Building.
Founders Hall Garage
- Visitor parking rates are set at the prevailing rates for all University visitor garages. Currently the rates are $3/hour with a daily maximum of $15 Monday-Friday. After 5pm on Fridays and all day on Saturday and Sunday, there is a flat daily rate of $7. Payment methods accepted: cash, coin, Visa/Mastercard, and Founders Hall validations.
Vernon-Smith Hall Garage
- Visitor parking allowed only with advanced permission from Parking Services at all times. One may not park in the GMU leased spaces and pay the hourly rate. The hourly rates only apply to the retail business spaces such as for Mala Tang.
- Please contact Parking Services at email@example.com for information on requesting visitor parking.
Event parking is arranged with the Events Management office in conjunction with Parking Services. Please contact Events Management (3-8140) or Parking Services (3-8146 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on meeting your event needs. Organizations can purchase validations from Parking Services for their guests. See the university's website for the Arlington Parking Validation Request Form.
- Disabled Parking Available in each parking facility. Vehicle must display BOTH a valid DMV disabled permit (tag or placard) and a valid Mason parking permit (or payment required). DMV permits alone are not valid for parking in campus parking areas or lots.
- Motorcycle Parking Available on B3 level of Founders Hall garage. Must park in designated motorcycle parking areas.
- Fuel Efficient Vehicle Preferred Parking There are referred parking spaces in Founders Hall and Vernon-Smith Hall for eligible vehicles. A free supplemental fuel-efficient vehicle permit is required to park in these spaces. For more info go to parking.gmu.edu/fuelefficientparkingprogram.html.
- Carpool Parking There are some preferred faculty/staff carpool spaces in each facility, requiring a free supplemental carpool permit. For information on registering go to transportation.gmu.edu/carpool.html.
- Administrative Parking Permits To request an Arlington Administrative permit for your department, send your request to email@example.com.
The Virginia Square stop is less than 2 blocks from campus. At the Fairfax campus, you can take the CUE bus or the Mason to Metro Shuttle to the Vienna Metro station and then take the Orange Line to the Virginia Square stop. Check the Mason Shuttles website at http://shuttle.gmu.edu for more information.
See the Arlington Campus Parking website for current pricing.